At Lock Family Eye Care in West Des Moines, IA, our experienced optometrists and dedicated team are committed to offering the best eye care services, including comprehensive vision and eye exams to ensure your vision is in good shape. Learn more about the importance of routine eye exams and then contact us to schedule your appointment.
Why Regular Eye Exams Are Important
A routine vision exam is essential for maintaining good eye health. Here are some reasons why you should prioritize regular eye exams:
- Detect and Prevent Vision Problems: Regular eye exams can detect vision problems, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism early and help you find the necessary treatment in a timely manner
- Monitor Eye Health: During a comprehensive eye exam, our eye doctors will assess the entire eye to see its overall health condition and any signs of common eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration
- Optimize Vision Correction: Regular eye exams help us monitor the prescription for your eyeglasses or contact lenses are helping to improve your vision or if there may need to be adjustments
- Identify Systemic Health Issues: Eye exams can detect early signs of systemic diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure, which can help you receive treatment and start managing these on time
What to Expect During an Eye Exam
Eye diseases are very common and some can even go unnoticed, which is why it is important to come in for regular visits. Here's what you can expect during your visit:
- Patient History: We will discuss your medical and ocular history, while also addressing any specific concerns or symptoms you may be experiencing
- Visual Acuity Testing: Our eye doctors will measure your visual acuity to determine the clarity of your vision
- Refraction Assessment: We will assess the ability of the eye to focus and determine the appropriate prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Eye Health Evaluation: We will examine the internal and external structures of the eyes using advanced diagnostic tools to make sure your eyes are healthy and free from disease
- Personalized Recommendations: Our eye doctors provide customized vision correction and eye health management recommendations based on your eye exam results.
Schedule Your Eye Exam with Lock Family Eye Care Today!
Visit Lock Family Eye Care in West Des Moines, IA, for your next eye exam and let our optometrists help you with improving your vision. With regular checkups, you can preserve your vision, detect any eye conditions early, and receive treatment on time!